200 Hour YTTC Required Reading
The three books required for the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training are the following...
- Course Manual ($50) - The price of the manual is generally charged with tuition and will be given to you upon your arrival.
- Yoga Sutras: The Means To Liberation by Dennis Hill - To purchase on Amazon, please click here. If you are unable to attain this book on your own, you can purchase the book by clicking "Add to Cart" below, follow the payment instructions and we will give you the book on the first day of training.
- Yoga Anatomy-2nd Edition by Leslie Kaminoff - To purchase on Amazon, please click here. If you are unable to attain this book on your own, you can purchase the book by clicking "Add to Cart" below, follow the payment instructions and we will give you the book on the first day of training.
The Yoga Sutras: The means to Liberation by Dennis Hill
The Yoga Sutras were compiled about 2,000 years ago by the sage Patanjali from an oral tradition reaching back into unknowable antiquity. He gives us the essential wisdom for the practice of yoga and meditation to know, first hand, the essence of our true Self-the conscious indweller that enlivens this body. Experiencing the fully conscious state shows us the essential transcendent nature of the universe to bring us a state of undisturbed joyous tranquillity. Traditionally, this wisdom has been handed down from master to student as a transmission of the means to liberation. Patanjali tells us that the pure blissful inner Self is already attained and all that is required is to lose interest in that which is not the Self. This is pretty straight forward, and we learn all we need to know in the first three sutras. Presuming we will not get it the first time, he goes on to detail the nature of the Self, the practices that will awaken us, the attainments that arise from the practices and then explains about the state of final liberation. Throughout the book we are reminded of two fundamental practices that lead to the final state, kaivalya. One practice is vairagya (dispassion, non-attachment) and the other is viveka (discrimination). In the practice of viveka, we learn to discriminate between the mind and the watcher of the mind (consciousness itself). When we can rest in the state of consciousness knowing itself; we answer the question, "Who am I?"
Yoga Anatomy 2nd Addition by Leslie Kaminoff
The best-selling anatomy guide for yoga is now updated, expanded, and better than ever!
With more asanas, vinyasas, full-color anatomical illustrations, and in-depth information, the second edition of Yoga Anatomy provides you with a deeper understanding of the structures and principles underlying each movement and of yoga itself.
From breathing to inversions to standing poses, see how specific muscles respond to the movements of the joints; how alterations of a pose can enhance or reduce effectiveness; and how the spine, breathing, and body position are all fundamentally linked.
Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing yoga for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource—one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
With Yoga Anatomy, Second Edition, authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally recognized experts and teachers in anatomy, breathing, and bodywork, have created the ultimate reference for yoga practitioners, instructors, and enthusiasts alike.
Recommended Books for the 200-hr Training (Not required, but interesting books)
- Spiritual Health and Healing: The Art of Living
by Vedantin Ping Luo and Dennis Hill | Purchase Online
- The Sivananda Companion of Yoga
by Sivananda Yoga Center | Purchase on Amazon
- Ashtanga Yoga the Practice Manual
by David Swenson | Purchase on Amazon
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Echart Tolle | Purchase on Amazon
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing: A Practice Guide
by Dr. Vasant Lad | Purchase on Amazon
- Shankara’s Crest-Jewel of Discrimination
by Swami Prabhavanda and Christopher Isherwood | Purchase on Amazon
- Tantric The Way of Acceptance
by Osho | Purchase on Amazon
by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood | Purchase on Amazon
- The Upanishads: Breath of the Eternal
by Swami Prabhavananda and Frederick Manchester | Purchase on Amazon
- Serpent of Light Beyond 2012
by Drunvalo Melchizedek | Purchase on Amazon
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self Healing: A Practical Guide
by Vasand Lad | Purchase on Amazon
- The Alchemist
by Paulo Coelho | Purchase on Amazon
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior | Purchase on Amazon
- The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers by Alberto Villoldo | Purchase on Amazon